The booking process is critical in Travel and Hospitality verticals, like the checkout process for a retailer or loan application process for a bank. That's a bit of a "Captain Obvious" moment, but the part that's perhaps less obvious is how much of a struggle it is to get meaningful data from the booking process via traditional tag-based vendors.
Not only are the eCommerce modules for many of those vendors very structured (and fickle), but in order to get more than just what was selected upon reaching the confirmation page requires a considerable amount of work via tagging or the data layer object. As a result, it's prone to error and very unreliable, even if you're using Tag Management. I've seen clients in my past spend the better part of a year going back and forth triaging data quality issues in a booking process.
Celebrus for Booking Engines changes the game when it comes to capturing extremely granular data for both marketing and revenue management without the need for tagging or adding a data layer. When you consider the booking process, the immediate line of thought is: "Tell me what they selected." However, to deliver real value, it's just as important to know what was presented to the individual but wasn't selected. There are a variety of details that are used when working with clients to implement Celebrus across booking transactions:
- What were the search criteria?
- What offers or specials were presented? Were they interacted with?
- In the results, what were the prices and details for the options not selected?
- What was selected, and did the user deselect anything along the way?
- Were any of the ancillary revenue options (i.e. trip insurance) reviewed or selected?
- Was the process abandoned?
- Do we know who the person is?
I could continue listing out requirements, but the above is enough to highlight just how involved this process can be from a data capture perspective. When it comes to revenue management for example, the data and attributes behind the above questions go a long way towards feeding intelligent pricing models. Those models need to be accurate and up-to-date to ensure that our travel and hospitality clients can optimize revenue at every step. Taking it further, personalization and targeting are much better informed with a more complete dataset and drive better engagement with your customers.
Celebrus for Booking Engines works across both web and mobile, and instantly stitches those cross-channel sessions together once the user provides an identifier. Our packaged offering, used today by many organizations in the Travel and Hospitality sector, brings the following key differentiators to the table:
- Tag-free instant data capture across both web and mobile
- A logical data model and schema that can be expanded upon to fit specific client needs
- Out-of-the-box support for the objects and data passed into the booking process as a user conducts a search
- Ability to capture metadata about each search result, including pricing and offers
- Capture of form field interactions as they happen
- Ability to trigger signals to other applications and technology instantly as a user traverses the process for personalization, targeting, and engagement
- Ability to capture everything, so you can use the data now or later as needed
- Ability to package the data in any format needed to feed downstream activities, such as machine learning and data science
We'd welcome the opportunity to review your Booking Process and help evolve your approach with our patented data capture technology. Celebrus has been delivering engaging user experiences in the industry for over 20 years.
Get in touch to find out how we can improve your booking process.